As the safeguarding demands on schools increase, so does the pressure on Governors to ensure that schools are meeting all the statutory requirements. My training for
Governors looks at how Governors can ensure that practice reflects policy and policy reflects legislation and statutory guidance. Throughout this training I strike a balance
between operational and strategic issues so that Governors are equipped with the knowledge, skills and confidence to provide support, guidance and challenge to school leaders
in all areas of safeguarding and child protection.
Training will cover:
- Developing relevant and compliant safeguarding policies and procedures
- Ways to assess effectiveness of school’s policy and practice
- Role of DSL and how Governors can respond effectively to demands of this role
- Making good use of Head Teachers reports on safeguarding
- The reality of safeguarding in school
- Information about Specific Safeguarding Issues such as Prevent, Online Safety, Peer on Peer Abuse, Honour Based Violence etc.
Governor Training Details
Currently this training will be run for individual or clusters of schools at a venue provided by school. In the future, dependant on demand, this may be run at central venues
across the North West. Please continue to check this page for further details.
An email will be sent to a contact at the school prior to training with access to resources and copies of the presentation. An email will be sent to the school following the
training with access to a certificate. The responsibility for Governor’s access to and dissemination of these documents is the school’s responsibility.
Twilight Session (2.5 hours) - £250
Half Day Session (3.5 hours) - £300
Full Day Session (7 hours) - £500
Costs are payable within 30 days of the training taking place
Dates: Please contact me directly for availability.
To discuss Governor's safeguarding training requirements or to book a training session, please contact me, Andrea
on 07414231600 or email@example.com