WHOLE SCHOOL PREVENT TRAINING
All school staff must have an awareness that children and young people being drawn into terrorism or extremism is a safeguarding issue and that they have a responsibility to recognise and respond to this. The training is delivered by Janet Crossley, Schools Safeguarding Prevent Lead and will cover:
• What the Prevent Duty means for all school staff
• Highlight what school staff should do to demonstrate compliance with the duty
• The current risks and threats relating to radicalisation and terrorism
• How to identify vulnerabilities and how individuals may be drawn into extremism and the radicalisation process
• Adapt and apply knowledge of the Prevent Duty to keep children safe
Delegates will be provided with certification upon completion of this training session. The session is 2.5 hours long and is designed to be delivered face to face. Remote sessions via Zoom can be accommodated upon request.